Boosted by the acquisition of Ingenico, Worldline is Europe’s new world-class leader in digital payments.
Worldline is now set to further accelerate the development of the European payments industry, helping to transform the global digital payment ecosystem and advance the electronic payments revolution.
At a time of increasing consolidation in our industry, this latest acquisition has positioned Worldline as the fourth largest player in payment services worldwide, with 20,000+ employees and a physical presence in more than 50 countries.
We are shaping new ways of paying, living and doing business. We offer best-in-class payment services to nearly one million merchants and 1,200 banks and financial institutions, and our deep operational and go-to-market expertise across all market segments meet the local and global payments needs of our clients, wherever they are.
The New Powerhouse in Global Payment Services
- #1 merchant acquirer in Continental Europe
- #1 European payment processor
- #3 European provider of e- & m-payment solutions
- #4 largest player in payment services worldwide (in revenue)
- c.2.5bn number of online transactions processed
- 20,000+ Worldliners
- 50+ Countries
- Commercial presence in 170+ countries
Benefits the New Worldline Brings to Our Clients
- Unique Vertical Market Expertise. Industry-specific portfolio of assets creating dedicated value propositions.
- Partner of Choice for Merchants. Global reach and local knowledge with massive payment processing capabilities.
- New Perspectives for Financial Services. Strategic partnerships with financial institutions to head next-generation payment services.
- Unmatched Range of State-of-the-art Payment Terminals. Trusted technology partner enabling the payment ecosystem.
- Extended Talent Pool. 20,000 payment experts worldwide with a multicultural DNA and more than 50 years of expertise.
- Enlarged Geographical Footprint. Additional reach in Europe and expanded global coverage in US, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
- Innovation Powerhouse. Reinforced investment in next-generation payment services.
- Global Vision for CSR. Solutions to accelerate a sustainable and socially inclusive transition towards the less cash economy.
CEO Message - Welcome to the New Worldline
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payment and transactional services industry. With innovation at the core of its DNA, Worldline’s core offerings include pan-European and domestic Commercial Acquiring for physical or online businesses, secured payment transaction processing for banks and financial institutions, as well as transactional services in e-Ticketing and for local and central public agencies. Thanks to a presence in 30+ countries, Worldline is the payment partner of choice for merchants, banks, public transport operators, government agencies and industrial companies, delivering cutting-edge digital services. Worldline’s activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services, Financial Services including equensWorldline and Mobility & e-Transactional Services. Worldline employs circa 12,000 people worldwide, with 2019 revenue of 2.4 billion euros. worldline.com.
About Ingenico Group
Ingenico Group is the global leader in seamless payment, providing smart, trusted and secure solutions to empower commerce across all channels, in-store, online and mobile. With the world’s largest payment acceptance network, we deliver secure payment solutions with a local, national and international scope. We are the trusted world-class partner for financial institutions and retailers, from small merchants to several of the world’s best known global brands. Our solutions enable merchants to simplify payment and deliver their brand promise.
At Enterprise Retail, we serve the needs of retailers, hospitality, petrol, transport, parking and vending operators - with omnichannel payment solutions. Building on our expertise and local operations, we understand more about their industries’ challenges and opportunities than anyone. We proactively design flawless solutions that help our clients grow their business.