Orbility has been selected to upgrade and future proof all on-airport car parks at Newcastle International Airport, including the replacement and installation of parking equipment and associated software platforms.
Specific equipment configurations included the replacement of the hugely successful Express Car Park “pay on exit” system. Here customers pick up and drop off their passengers immediately outside the terminal front before driving to the exit points to pay for their stay via coins or credit card. Cameras record the entry and exit of vehicles by automatic number plate recognition (ANPR), with high accuracy of camera read rates affording a speedy exit from the car park.
The Orbility parking system was chosen by Newcastle International Airport Limited (NIAL) as it provided cost-effective and efficiently high levels of reliability and performance, and was simple to integrate into existing airport systems and infrastructures. Reliable performance, accurate financial reconciliation capabilities, and the resilience of equipment exposed to, at times, severe wintery weather conditions, were the key requirements demanded from NIAL when choosing Orbility.
NIAL’s car park upgrade strategy continues unabated over the coming months and with summer and beyond in mind, a suite of car parking products managed and controlled by Orbility parking products will include:
- ‘Premium Meet & Greet’ services are available throughout the year and conveniently located a adjacent to the terminal. The service can be pre-booked through the airport website and allows customers to drop their car off with a dedicated team at the arrivals reception area and head straight into the terminal, with a hassle-free collection of their vehicle on their return.
- ‘Premium Fast Track’ is located right next to the terminal and ideal for business passengers, and entry and exit via ANPR camera technology, extra wide parking bays, and access to the airport’s security search Fast Track lane.
- ‘Express Car Park’ and ‘Minibus & Van’ facilities remain conveniently located at the front of the terminal.
- New Short Stay 1 and Short Stay 2 facility suits those looking to park close to the terminal where vehicles can be left for a variety of stay lengths, with a 15 minute free grace period offered in Short Stay Car Park 2.
- The Long Stay Car Park is the primary choice of the holidaymaker who can pre-book the facility through the airport’s website booking system. A free courtesy coaching service transfers customers to and from the car park and terminal building, 24 hours a day throughout the year.
A NIAL spokesperson said of the project, “Our investment in Orbility’s car parking solutions has afforded us the ability to offer a range of reliable parking options which our customers demand from us when visiting our airport. Air travel can at times be stressful and we are working hard to mitigate this by offering a positive customer experience which for many starts in our car parks”.
With 50 years of experience and after operating under various well know flags such as Ascom or ACS, Orbility is a world leader in innovative Parking Management Systems. Whatever the size and scope of your project, we have the expertise to ensure that installation is on time and within budget. We supply our solutions to a diverse range of customers around the world (airports, shopping centers, airports, municipalities, public and private operators). From the busiest airports and largest hospitals to smaller, more local off-street services, we have the ability to tailor the solution for you.