Survision: Parking at the Airport or Taking a Cab?
An Easier Choice Thanks to LPR
Driving to the airport, sharing a ride, or taking a cab?; the question has a thousand variables making it a hot online discussion with many answers in each case, however, LPR has come to make things easier for the airport parking option to gain (a lot of) weight.
LPR has been around in airports since 2005, mainly for security reasons such as fraud prevention, but later developments in the field have been taking LPR to a whole new level, bringing new features and customer benefits to the mix.
So, how has LPR helped airport parking to become more attractive and profitable?
The new role of LPR
In the past, LPR wasn't part of the parking system but a parallel, clumsy and outdated security protocol; now, thanks to better and more precise cameras with reading rates close to 100%, it is possible to embed LPR in the core, being the main responsible for opening the barrier in entries and exits which turns the parking into a frictionless facility with all the operational upgrades it conveys:
1. The lines at the gate disappear,
2. The waiting time reduces dramatically
3. All the ticket-related hassles are gone for good!
This is easier said than done, mostly because of the “rear plates only” US policy that used to force parking lots to give up on LPR due to the high difficulty (extremely large and highly inconvenient minimum recognition distances required) to perform pre-capture LPR, but now it’s all past history: New enhanced AI-powered LPR cameras are able to maintain high reading rates at distances as short as 5 ft.
Thanks to All-in-one LPR cameras that perform the LPR inside their hardware, it's possible for any parking to install LPR without heavy infrastructure changes.
Involving LPR at this level unlocks a whole world of possibilities any parking, especially airports could benefit from:
1. Easy as booking an Uber, drivers can now reserve and pay for a spot at the airport from their smartphones, entering and exiting without any interaction with parking equipment or personnel.
2. The reduction in car lines inside the airport parking has a benefit you may not link directly to LPR but it’s huge!: the air pollution reduction, which is dramatically significant and turns the whole facility into a better place to be.
3. Monthly subscribers like airport employees can also ingress or egress in a faster and simplest fashion, without even rolling down their window to show a badge or access card.
4. Internally, the License plate inventory (LPI) operations have also become easier and simpler by using smaller All-in-one mobile cameras, attached to small vehicles and directly connected to the cloud for instant processing.
Faster, cleaner, connected, secure and convenient... LPR makes parking at the airport more attractive than ever.
SURVISION is a global leader in License Plate Reading (LPR). Since 2001, with solutions being deployed in over 30 countries with more than 20,000 sensors thanks to a network of 300 Value Added Integrators. The quality of its R&D team allows SURVISION to work with world-class integrators for a complete set of innovative solutions for Smart-City, Smart-Parking, law enforcement, toll road collection, car-park management, and for local authorities.
There are no comments yet for this item
Join the discussion