It’s no secret that losing a parking ticket can be a frustrating experience. Probably no different than forgetting your wallet at an airport or locking yourself out of your hotel room in boxers. It’s an annoying hassle that statistically all of us have been through at least once and it needs to die.
Over 99% of parking lots still find themselves having to charge a lost ticket fee at least once a day. However, a new era is dawning in the world of car parks, where both parking operators and customers benefit from a more efficient and seamless experience, and that is the ticketless parking era.
The Rise of Ticketless Systems and Their Benefits to Parking Operators
Parking operators are essential stakeholders in this industry, and their concerns must be addressed to understand why lost ticket fees exist in the first place.
The lost ticket fee has historically existed to deter drivers from taking advantage of the system and claiming a lost ticket to avoid paying the full parking fee. However, it is really hard to differentiate who is who, and many end-users often get left having to pay twice.
With advanced PARCS systems providers like Technoso, the ticketless revolution benefits both parking operators and end-users by mitigating that issue with ticketless parking systems that use digital cloud base solutions to manage car parks rather than old-guard ticketing systems.
What’s the result?
Parking operators see increased efficiency, reduced costs, and happier customers, while end-users enjoy a more seamless parking experience.
Parking Operators Shouldn’t Hesitate To Make the Switch
Switching to a ticketless system brings a myriad of advantages for parking operators. Here’s why:
- Fair Payment: With a ticketless system based on License Plare Recognition, customers can’t claim a lost ticket to avoid paying for the actual parking duration. This ensures the operator receives the correct payment and greatly reduces any confusion between the car park and the end user.
- Reduced Maintenance and Downtime: One significant issue in parking operations is printer and paper-related problems. Any malfunction in the ticket system equals downtime for the car park. By going ticketless, parking operators eliminate these issues, which translates to substantially reduced downtime and maintenance costs.
- Lower Labor Costs: With fewer paper-related issues, there is less need for human intervention to service the systems. This reduces labor costs and further increases the efficiency of the parking operation.
- Significant Savings on Paper Costs: A ticketless system eliminates the need for paper tickets and receipts. For a car park with a daily rotation of 3,000 cars, that amounts to an incredible $151,000 in savings annually!
- Environmentally Friendly: By reducing paper usage, parking operators contribute to a more sustainable future, reducing their environmental impact and carbon footprint.
The Future of Car Parks: Embracing Ticketless Systems
The shift to ticketless systems is a considerable advantage for parking operators. While there might be a slight loss in revenue from customers who parked for a short duration and lost their tickets thereby paying the large “lost ticket” fee, the benefits far outweigh that loss.
With Technoso’s advanced PARCS systems, parking operators can confidently embrace the ticketless revolution, knowing that it will result in a more profitable, efficient, and sustainable parking experience for everyone involved.
So, let’s look forward to a future where both parking operators and end-users benefit from ticketless parking systems where everyone wins and nobody has to deal with a ticket again. To the death of lost parking tickets! Stay classy, and park sassy!!
Technoso Control Systems develops, installs, and operates parking access and revenue control systems. The company provides a one-stop-shop parking solution so that parking managers don’t have to interact with multiple service providers.
Technoso Control Systems is a global leader in Ticketless parking technology with a proven record of approximately 100 operational ticketless parking lots.